Thursday, October 16, 2014

competing offers



my place went up on the market on september 12th.

4 long weeks, 5 days, 1 open house, and 6 private showings later and i was starting to lose hope that my condo would be the quick sell everyone thought it would be. but that's when my luck changed for the better...

on october 15th i got my first offer, and at full asking price! i was over the moon! but it was a complicated rent-to-own situation that would last until march 2015 when the buyer would finally be able to get a full loan. ugh. not ideal, but what other choice did i have?!?

well, what comes next but another requested showing that night! i prayed it would go well, then packed my suitcase and was on my way down to new orleans for a friend's wedding bright and early the very next morning, before we had even heard any buyer feedback.

later that day on october 16th i got a phone call in my hotel room. the guy who had toured my condo last night wanted to put in a full price offer, with standard requests. you can bet i took his offer!

i have never felt such a weight lift off my shoulders. wow. the closing is set for december 8th. so now i just have to get through our beach wedding, thanksgiving, and our reception...oh, and 3 other weddings before then. should be a piece of cake :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: