Thursday, July 29, 2010

tipsy on twinkly wine bottles

 

i'm back into the whole decorating kick again. (i think my whale coffee table gave me the push i needed to feel creative and inspired)

my next project: wine bottle christmas lights. i thought it'd be really cute to hang them on my railing along the stairs that lead down to my door. something like this:



materials:
  • empty wine bottles (with the labels peeled off)
  • strings of christmas lights (i'm planning on using the tiny white ones)
  • something to secure the bottles to the railing (copper wire wrapped around the neck?)

here's a tutorial i found from eHow: how to make night lights using wine bottles
and another from Wit & Wistle: http://witandwhistle.com/?p=1041

i know it's not as discreet to bring empty wine bottles over, but if anyone happens to have some laying around, i would be glad to take them off your hands :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: